|Golden Age is here to help!
You are not alone. More than one quarter (26.6%) of the adult population in the United States provided care for a chronically ill, disabled or aged family member or friend during the past year. Based on current census data, that translates into more than 50 million people. Those over 85 years of age are the fastest growing segment of the population and half of them need some help with personal care.
Caregiving is not just a women’s issue; men now make up 44% of the caregiving population. Heavy-duty caregivers, especially spouses, generally do not get consistent help from other family members. One study has shown that as many as three fourths of them are doing it alone. Elderly caregivers often have a history of chronic illness themselves and the stress of taking care of someone else gives them a mortality rate that is 63% higher than their non-caregiving peers.
Golden Age will provide caregivers with a respite from what can be a 24-hour responsibility, allowing them some relief from stress as well as time to accomplish personal tasks and socialize. It also makes it possible to retain a job outside the home and get some help with the physical part of caring for a loved one.
All of this is without guilt. Primary caregivers will find it satisfying knowing their loved ones are well supervised and enjoy nutritious meals, social stimulation, physical exercise and structured activities that promote longer, richer lives. Most importantly, they are treated with respect and dignity.
At Golden Age top priorities are our guests and their families / caregivers. We are constantly striving to meet the personal needs of each and every individual. Your loved one is a member of our family!
- Reduces isolation, loneliness, and the lack of companionship suffered by seniors.
- Provides families / caregivers with respite, stress relief and time needed to work, accomplish personal tasks, and socialize.
- Helps prevent premature nursing home placement, institutionalization, and need for home health services.
- Centers are open 5 days a week, senior can choose and attend any day of the week.
- Full e\service handicap accessible transportation is provided t/from home and personal appointments.
- The costs are affordable.